Thursday, March 17, 2016

My Top Reads From 2015

Here are my top reads from last year. Most of the books were not actually published last year but were drawn from a list of all the books I did read last year.

  1. The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell
  2. The Magicians Trilogy by Lev Grossman
  3. The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
  4. Declare by Tim Powers
  5. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
  6. The Powder Mage Trilogy by Brian McClellan
  7. The Bees by Laline Paull
  8. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel by Susanna Clarke
  9. Dune by Frank Herbert
  10. Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
  11. Vicious by V. E. Schwab
  12. Signal to Noise by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

I know this list is a bit late but I wanted to post it here for two reasons: 1. I have been on vacation this week so I have not written anything and 2. because this list will determines the next twelve reviews I do write. Next Friday and for the weeks that follow I will be reviewing each of these books/trilogies starting with the Moreno-Garcia's musical magic coming of age story set in 1980's and modern day Mexico, Signal to Noise. There will also be some extra book reviews in the coming week like my most disappointing read of 2015, or reviews of books I am currently reading and finish, and possibly some additions to my 'bad' book list. There will also be some talk on creative writing to come so be on the look out. I look forward to writing about all of these good (or great) books and I hope y'all look forward to reading about them here.
~

I leave you with Mitch Hedberg. Have a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment